Prehab is the PROactive approach to exercising that prevents pain and injury. It is in contrast to rehab, which is concerned about regaining function following injury or surgery.
The PREHAB TRAINER™ Program helps you help your clients achieve their physical goals regardless of your chosen movement discipline. The Full Prehab Trainer™ program has 3 Parts.
Axial skeleton : focuses on the Spine and Core, the center and powerhouse of the human body.
Lower Limb : focuses on the Lower Limbs & Pelvic Girdle, the foundation of all bipedal movements.
Upper Limb : focuses on the Upper Limbs & Shoulder Girdle, the source of many clients’ pain and aches.
In 2021 we introduced Prehab Trainer™ – Foundation; Foundational Studies about the Human System, this course is our prelude to our other BTA Prehab Trainer™ courses.
Axial Skeleton is a prerequisite for our Pilates Matwork Teacher Certification
PREHAB TRAINER™* is eligible for the Continuing Coach Education (CCE) Training Allowance Grant (TAG)
The Continuing Coaching Education (CCE) Training Allowance for Fitness Instructors is a grant provided to eligible fitness instructors to encourage them to actively engage in continuous learning and be current in their knowledge and skills during this period where their work is impacted by the Covid-19 restrictions. Eligible instructors may claim $7.50 for each claimable hour for the CCE training/programme/event up to a maximum of $300 per person until 31 March 2022.
i) Please take note that only eligible participant is able to claim for the CCE TAG. To apply for CCE TAG, please click here.
ii) For more information on CCE TAG, please click here.
*This includes PREHAB TRAINER™ Axial Skeleton, Lower Limb and Upper Limb.
Why Prehab Trainer™?
When tension is evenly distributed throughout the whole body, the body is at ease; it moves easily and efficiently. When there’s misalignment in a body, tension accumulates at certain points, manifesting in pain and injury.
Prehab Trainer™ is a step-by-step critical thinking process to:
- Recognise movement dysfunctions in a client; or the potential for specific movement dysfunctions.
- Understand what a particular movement dysfunction or imbalance implies.
- Make the best decisions on what exercises will benefit the client e.g. what and/or when to release; stretch; activate; or strengthen & condition.
- To spot potential dysfunctional movements or imbalances both visually and by palpation
- How a dysfunction or imbalance in one area of the body can impact other
- The process of identifying the areas that need to be addressed e.g. which areas are hypertonic? Or shortened? Which areas require conditioning?
- How the identified areas need to be addressed i.e. which techniques to apply. Release? Stretch? An activation drill or perhaps strengthening exercises?
- The techniques
… and more, using familiar exercises e.g. Squats, Single Leg Deadlift, Side Lunges, V-Up, Arch Up, Shoulder Press, Chin Up etc.
Fully online to help you learn at your own pace.
Personal trainers; group exercise instructors; CrossFit trainers; gymnastics coaches; Kettlebell instructors; yoga teachers and Pilates teachers etc.
We also welcome advanced or long-time movement practitioners.
* Axial Skeleton: SGD699
* Lower Limb/Upper Limb: SGD499 each
* Special fee: SGD249 for those who have done Prehab Trainer™ previously and wish to purchase this updated version online.
Follow the links below to purchase Prehab Trainer™:
Via Bank Transfer
OCBC Bank Singapore
Account Name: BodyTree Academy Pte Ltd
Bank code: 7339
Branch code: 647
Account Number: 112259001
If the bank asks for a 12-digit number, enter 647112259001.
Using UEN 201224277G
If you have any questions, please contact us here.