Prehab is the PROactive approach to exercising that prevents pain and injury. It is in contrast to rehab, which is concerned about regaining function following injury or surgery.
The PREHAB TRAINER™ Program helps you help your clients achieve their physical goals regardless of your chosen movement discipline. The Full Prehab Trainer™ program has 3 Levels.
I. LEVEL 1 focuses on the Lower Limbs & Pelvic Girdle, the foundation of all bipedal movements.
II. LEVEL 2 focuses on the Spine and Core, the center and powerhouse of the human body.
III. LEVEL 3 focuses on the Upper Limbs & Shoulder Girdle, the source of many clients’ pain and aches.
Selected elements of this program is also offered as part of the Pilates Matwork teacher training program.
Why Prehab Trainer™?
When tension is evenly distributed throughout the whole body, the body is at ease; it moves easily and efficiently. When there’s misalignment in a body, tension accumulates at certain points, manifesting in pain and injury.
Prehab Trainer™ is a step-by-step critical thinking process to:
- Recognise movement dysfunctions in a client; or the potential for specific movement dysfunctions.
- Understand what a particular movement dysfunction or imbalance implies.
- Make the best decisions on what exercises will benefit the client e.g. what and/or when to release; stretch; activate; or strengthen & condition.
- To spot potential dysfunctional movements or imbalances both visually and by palpation
- How a dysfunction or imbalance in one area of the body can impact other
- The process of identifying the areas that need to be addressed e.g. which areas are hypertonic? Or shortened? Which areas require conditioning?
- How the identified areas need to be addressed i.e. which techniques to apply. Release? Stretch? An activation drill or perhaps strengthening exercises?
- The techniques
… and more, using familiar exercises e.g. Squats, Single Leg Deadlift, Side Lunges, V-Up, Arch Up, Shoulder Press, Chin Up etc.
Level 1: Sat 22nd Feb 2020 & Sun 23rd Feb 2020 (1-7pm each day)
Level 2: Sat 21st Mar 2020 & Sun 22nd Mar 2020 (1-7pm each day)
Level 3: Sat 9th May 2020 & Sun 10th May 2020 (1-7pm each day)
Personal trainers; group exercise instructors; CrossFit trainers; gymnastics coaches; Kettlebell instructors; yoga teachers and Pilates teachers etc.
We also welcome advanced or long-time movement practitioners.
* SGD249: for repeat attendees only
ALL 3 Levels
* SGD1,799 only (usual fee: SGD2,691)
* SGD1,499 per pax (for group of minimum 3 pax)
Registration deadline is 2 weeks before each level.
Registration is confirmed via payment only. There is no refund for payment made unless the course is cancelled.
Via Bank Transfer
OCBC Bank Singapore
Account Name: BodyTree Academy Pte Ltd
Bank code: 7339
Branch code: 647
Account Number: 112259001
If the bank asks for a 12-digit number, enter 647112259001.
Using UEN 201224277G
For payment in NETS or to take advantage of the 6 month/12-month interest-free instalment payment plan with OCBC credit cards, please make payment at BodyTree Studio (127 Cecil Street #12-01) in person.
If you have any questions, please contact us here.