– BodyTree Academy® (BTA) Educator
– BodyTree Academy® (BTA) Certified Pilates Teacher
– PMA®-CPT (currently known as NCPT)
– Fletcher Pilates® Professional Teacher
– PMA® Certified Pilates Teacher
– EBFA Global® Master Instructor
– Barefoot Training Specialist® Level 3 (EBFA Global®)
– BARE® Workout Instructor (EBFA Global®)
– PowerPlate Certified Master Trainer
– Pelvic Floor Health & Dysfunction (The Center for Women’s Fitness)
– Pelvic Floor & Core Foundations (Burrell Education)
– Women’s Wellness and Whole Body Vibration (Burrell Education)
– Certified Stretch Therapy Teacher
– Parkinson’s Regeneration Training (Physio Chains Education)
– Co-founder and MD of BodyTree Ballet
– Diploma in Dance with Distinction (Lasalle-SIA College of the Arts)
– RAD Registered Teacher & Mentor for CBTS (Royal Academy of Dance, UK)
– Certificate of Higher Education in Dance Teaching (Royal Academy of Dance, UK)
– Certified BASI Pilates® for Dancers
– Progressing Ballet Technique Certified Teacher
A recipient of the Georgette Chen Arts Scholarship awarded by National Arts Council (Singapore), Alycia graduated with a Diploma in Dance with Distinction from Lasalle-SIA College of the Arts in year 2002. Her passion in dance led her to a continuous pursuit in dance education and trainings. Alycia has been teaching Pilates since 2013, she is also a BTA Educator and mentors student-teachers in their journeys on becoming a certified Pilates teacher.
Alycia was introduced to Pilates in her dance college, that it is an effective body conditioning method which improves the posture and body alignment. Having struggled with the challenges of finding stability and balance, with her hyper mobile joints and a torn hamstring, Alycia’s strong belief that Pilates will help her develop a strong core and muscular strength to hone her skills in dancing. In 2011, she decided to delve into the Pilates Comprehensive Teacher Training Program.
Alycia aspire to share her experience and knowledge of movements from different discipline of trainings, together with the practice of Pilates and evidence-based training to help her students in their learning or teaching. One of Alycia’s mentors and inspiration is Dr Emily Splichal of EBFA Global. Dr Emily’s work of foot to core sequencing and barefoot training resonated deeply with Alycia in her own dance practice, as well as teaching her dance students, her Pilates clients and student-teachers! Being a EBFA Global® Master Instructor, Alycia is now spreading the work to other movement professionals. Alycia hopes to create meaningful experiences in movement, inspire and motivate her students to move well.
In the many years of Alycia being my teacher, she has always been specific, encouraging, and has the ability to see potential. She is always willing and open to share her experiences not just as a teacher, but in her own movement practice as well. I have always felt safe and confident moving under her watchful eye as her attention to detail and ability to give the right cues, and also her mindful demonstration is informative and inspiring. I am always in awe at her desire to seek out new information and attend numerous courses to help benefit the students under her care. She is also one of the reasons why I decided to become a movement teacher!