(AUGUST 2022 Intake)
The BodyTree Approach is a client-centric approach, based on the belief of teaching the clients presented, as opposed to mindlessly applying a fixed sequence of exercises to any body.
During this course, you will learn the critical thinking process. This process is imperative for you to teach a class that is relevant, meaningful and effective for your clients.
– understand and learn how to do each Reformer exercise well and what each exercise’s primary intention is
– learn how to look and “read” your clients’ bodies
– make informed judgements about what you see
– learn to make modifications or progressions to an exercise as required
– learn about class design and class programming
This course is required to fulfil the Comprehensive Teacher Training Track.
Clinical Certification is available for our Reformer Teacher Certification program. Refer to Program Requirements for applicable exemptions.
BodyTree Academy was the training provider for the Virgin Active Reformer Teacher Training in Singapore and Bangkok (2018 – 2020).
This program is suitable for you if you are a:
– GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR who wants to expand your teaching repertoire or start teaching a Pilates Reformer class.
– PERSONAL TRAINER who wants to elevate your quality of teaching by incorporating and integrating Pilates Reformer exercises, Pilates concepts and the Prehab Trainer™ techniques into your PT sessions
– YOGA TEACHER; DANCE TEACHER or GYMNASTIC COACH who acknowledges the value of progressing your clients safely and without injury
– PILATES PRACTITIONERS & CLIENTS who wants to turn your passion into a career
– PHYSIOTHERAPISTS, OSTEOPATHS, CHIROPRACTERS, MEDICAL DOCTORS who want to incorporate Pilates in their clinical practice.