The BodyTree Academy® (BTA) Comprehensive Pilates teacher training (Compre TT) is a 460+ hour program. Upon graduation, you will be able to teach clients group classes and one-on-one sessions utilising Pilates concepts and the BodyTree Approach with the
- Pilates Matwork
- Spine Corrector
- Cadillac, and
- Wunda Chair
The BodyTree Difference
BTA believes in teaching excellently and we want to help you help others move well and with ease.
The heart of the Compre TT is in its client-centric approach. You will learn to teaching the bodies (clients) presented, as opposed to mindlessly applying a fixed sequence of exercises to any client.
Starting from the Mat TT, the focus is on the process of:
– assessing your client when they are moving
– making critical judgements about their strengths, challenges and imbalances
– deciding what your client needs
– understanding which pieces on which Pilates apparatus is the most relevant to your client at every stage of his/her practice
– understanding the intention of each Pilates movement on each apparatus so that the benefits of the exercise can be experienced by the client through relevant verbal and tactile cues
– managing client’s expectations and goal setting
Click HERE to read what graduates thought about the Program.
Is the BTA Compre TT for you?
The Compre TT is suitable for you if you are a:
– GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR who wants to expand your teaching repertoire or start teaching a Pilates class without the need for Pilates apparatus
– PERSONAL TRAINER who wants to elevate your quality of teaching by incorporating and integrating Pilates Matwork exercises, Pilates concepts and the Prehab Trainer™ techniques into your PT sessions
– YOGA TEACHER; DANCE TEACHER or GYMNASTIC COACH who acknowledges the value of progressing your clients safely and without injury
– PILATES PRACTITIONERS & CLIENTS who wants to turn your passion into a career
If you would like to have a chat about whether the program is a good fit for you, please contact Kris here.
Students are required to schedule and complete Practice, Observation and Practice Teaching hours in between the Classroom hours.
(i) Classroom hours – 114* (please scroll down for “Schedule for Classroom Hours”)
(ii) Practice hours – 150
(iii) Observation hours – 80
(iv) Student teaching hours – 120
Upon completion of all hours and meeting the minimum requirements of the theory, performance and teaching evaluations, the student will be awarded with a teaching certificate.
To be announced.