(January 2022 Intake)
This is a 80+hour teacher training program. Upon graduation, you will be able to teach Pilates Matwork group classes or one-on-one safely and effectively.
The Pilates Matwork Teacher Certification is our foundation course and is the entry level course for you to launch your new career as a Pilates instructor. This course consists of online observations, student teaching hours, self practice hours as well as a practical course in the form of in studio classroom hours. After completing this course, you will be a fully certified Pilates Matwork instructor who is able to work in Pilates studios, gyms and fitness centres.
Clinical Certification is available for our Pilates Matwork Teacher Certification program. Refer to Program Requirements for applicable exemptions.
This program is suitable for you if you are a:
– GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR who wants to expand your teaching repertoire or start teaching a Pilates class without the need for Pilates apparatus
– PERSONAL TRAINER who wants to elevate your quality of teaching by incorporating and integrating Pilates Matwork exercises, Pilates concepts and the Prehab Trainer™ techniques into your PT sessions
– YOGA TEACHER; DANCE TEACHER or GYMNASTIC COACH who acknowledges the value of progressing your clients safely and without injury
– PILATES PRACTITIONERS & CLIENTS who wants to turn your passion into a career
– PHYSIOTHERAPISTS, OSTEOPATHS, CHIROPRACTERS, MEDICAL DOCTORS who want to incorporate Pilates in their clinical practice.